Friday 23 March 2012

Encore

“Most of our life is a series of images. They pass us by like towns on the highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens. And we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment, every part of it, will live on forever.”

Tonight was the first time I set foot on the Opera House’s hallowed steps and ventured through its welcoming doors.

I was deeply expectant, yet my mind was helplessly filled with a thousand other thoughts that kept trying to break through and steal away my attention. Sometimes you don’t mean to carry your baggage around with you – it just tends to follow you.

Through the clutter and through the mess however, came an intimate acoustic session unrivalled by any I’ve experienced before.

I honestly don’t think music has ever touched and spoken to my soul this much.

When I say I could have listened to Kina Grannis forever, I mean it.

Though, it wasn’t so much her breathtaking talent as a musician that got to me, but rather the way she presented herself on stage. Her humility is something that I won’t forget. Every word that left her lips pierced the silence of a captivated studio and echoed her genuine personality.

I guess this is more of a devotional than a blog about something in particular, but oh well.

It’s hard to describe how inspired I feel right now. I could write and write and write but it wouldn’t suffice.



Quote Bank: "So I kept treading so carelessly,
Thin lines that splintered my ground,
But I closed my eyes to them,
I closed my eyes to them." – Kina
  


No comments:

Post a Comment