Tuesday 6 September 2011

La vita è bella

In today's society, there is a constant battle for our minds.
Life seems to consist of relationships and routines...and within them, tensions. Are there more questions than answers? Always. Humanity as a whole doesn't actually know much at all. Science attempts to explain the world around us, but cannot answer the simplest question of a child: Why am I here?

I'm 18. I'm a university student. I'm pigeon-toed and I pull my burgers apart. Like everyone else though, I'm trying to find my purpose.

I guess the reason I'm starting a blog is because there comes a point in time where personal thoughts and ideas are simply too much for social mediums like Facebook and Twitter. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like tweets and status updates need to exercise a delicate balance, where they land somewhere in between being too shallow and too deep or sentimental. I've also always wanted to compile an online 'quote bank' (because words are powerful) and I tend to over-analyse and over-think everything (so why not document it).

I do enjoy philosophical discussions, but I enjoy 'smalltalk' as well...so expect some seriously meaningful stuff, followed by pointless information, pictures and rants about my day-to-day experiences.

After all, I'm still learning to breathe.

1 comment: